Hello there, and welcome to another episode of Outgrow the Grind! In today's episode, we are joined by Abby DesJardien, a sleep evangelist who believes sleep is an act of self-empowerment.
Through her podcast, challenges, 1:1 coaching, and membership, she teaches women in business how to transform their work and lives through the power of sleep. As a recovering workaholic and insomniac, she knows the struggle is real. She helps her clients go from exhausted and burnt out to rested and on top of their game.
Today we hear from Abby about how she managed to outgrow the grind after her body was desperately trying to tell her to slow down. She has great advice for burned out women who could benefit from checking in with themselves and getting some rest!
🌱 In this episode, you'll learn:
- How Abby now recognizes she was always a busy kid, teenager, adult, wife, and mother who was constantly numbing out by “pushing herself” and “filling the space”
- About an alarming experience that happened when Abby fell asleep at the wheel while driving to college and how her accident didn’t prompt her to rest.
- How after years of health issues, there was one health issue Abby couldn’t ignore.
- The journey and practice of overcoming that exhausting cycle and how Abby started to pay more attention to what her body was telling her.
- How it doesn't always feel good to take a pause, but why it's essential.
- Abby’s brilliant advice for women who are overwhelmed, exhausted, and in the grind
- How common it is to think that women are here to take care of everybody else and put themselves last.
- The way Abby’s 3 daughters have inspired her to show them how to put their needs first.
- This is your homework for this episode:
- Give yourself some empathy and compassion.
- Take a look at your calendar and to-do list and ask yourself how each item feels to you?
- What are your daily non-negotiables that you need to feel rested?
🌱 Seeds planted in this episode:
- To find out more about Abby and her work, visit www.abbydesjardien.com. You can also find her on social media at www.instagram.com/abbydesjardien, www.facebook.com/abbydesj, and her podcast at: https://anchor.fm/abby-desjardien
- Read about and watch Saundra Dalton-Smith, MD’s Ted Talk “The Seven Types of Rest Everyone Needs” here: https://ideas.ted.com/the-7-types-of-rest-that-every-person-needs/
Ready to let me help YOU outgrow the grind? Find me here:
- Schedule a 30-minute sample coaching session with me here: https://calendly.com/compassrosecoach/30-min-coaching-sample-session/
- Join my Outgrow the Grind mailing list: https://www.outgrowthegrind.co/
- Visit my website: https://www.stacyrayekellogg.com/
- Follow Outgrow the Grind or DM me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/outgrowthegrind/
- Looking for a community to learn about, practice, and celebrate your boundaries? Join my Free Women's Facebook Group. All women are welcome!
Are you resonating with what you're hearing on Outgrow the Grind? If yes, make sure you follow and leave a five-star review at Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to your podcasts!