In this episode, I share what the voice of guilt and the grind tells us and juxtapose it against what the voice of growth says. I also dig deeper into the crunchy land of ‘shoulds’ and share how you can move through them, especially when they’re persistent [pretty much every time, yes?].
🌱 In this episode, you’ll learn:
- About the epiphany I had after my 5-day vacation to Key West.
- What the voice, the favorite word, and the posture of the grind and the guilt tells us.
- A powerful question: if you allow the voice of the grind and the guilt to continue, what will happen?
- A gas tank metaphor [see friends, I can do non-garden metaphors!!]
- What the voice, the favorite word, and the posture of growth tells us.
- A powerful question: if you allow the voice of the growth to continue, what will happen?
- What authors + creatives had to say about “shoulds”
- The steps to stop “shoulding” all over yourself and what you can do when the shoulds get loud.
- What our fears want.
- Your 3 reflection questions: 1) What is the ‘should’ that’s taking up a lot of space in your brain and heart right now? 2) What do you really want instead? 3) What is one small baby step you can take towards what you really want? Share what you discovered with me on Instagram @outgrowthegrind.
🌱 Seeds planted in this episode:
Are you resonating with what you're hearing on Outgrow the Grind? If yes, make sure you follow and leave a five-star review at Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to your podcasts!