In today’s episode, we are joined by intuitive percussive healer, Dr. Giavanni Washington.
While a biologist, epidemiologist and ethnographer by training, Dr G, as she is affectionately known, is a mother, Council holder and healer. She not only fervently believes you can reach the next level, she stands at the threshold gently supporting your migration from one plane to the next.
Trigger warning: In this episode, we talk about suicide.
🌱 In this episode, you’ll learn:
- All about Dr. G’s journey of outgrowing the grind (including her 3 PhD programs!).
- How she found her commitment to herself.
- A powerful question we can ask ourselves is “‘What is your true desire in this?”’
- That we can see ourselves in images that we can aspire to be.
- That sometimes, trauma can open up something inside of you, that you didn’t know was there.
- About Dr. G’s Black Goddess Within Oracle Deck - and which card I pulled right before our interview...
- How to not put pressure on yourself to know all the answers when you’re taking the first step.
- To be in community means to be able to receive, not only to give.
- Why you give from the saucer and not the teacup.
- You can still be successful and also feel good. It doesn’t have to hurt.
- We have to stand up! And take naps!
- Outgrowing the grind is unique, individual and constant. It requires effort.
- It takes the time it takes.
🌱 Seeds planted in this episode:
- Get your very own Black Goddess Within Oracle Deck here: https://go.blackgoddesswithin.com/bgw-deck.
- You can find Dr. G on social media at Instagram: @blackgoddesswithin and Facebook: @giavanni.washington
Ready to let me help YOU outgrow the grind? Find me here:
- Schedule a 30-minute sample coaching session with me here: https://calendly.com/compassrosecoach/30-min-coaching-sample-session/
- Join my Outgrow the Grind mailing list: https://www.outgrowthegrind.co/
- Visit my website: https://www.stacyrayekellogg.com/
- Follow Outgrow the Grind or DM me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/outgrowthegrind/
- Looking for a community to learn about, practice, and celebrate your boundaries? Join my Free Women's Facebook Group. All women are welcome!
Are you resonating with what you're hearing on Outgrow the Grind? If yes, make sure you follow and leave a five-star review at Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to your podcasts!