Welcome to another Outgrow the Grind episode! Let’s start with a simple question, have you ever stopped yourself from chasing a dream because you thought it was out of reach? Maybe you made up scenarios in your head that led you to believe you’d get rejected or you were convinced that you didn’t have what it takes? So have we.
In this episode, Alison Tedford shares with us how she was able to outgrow the grind and follow her dream after working for a decade at the same place!
Alison Tedford is an entrepreneur, author, and single mom from Abbotsford, BC, Canada. She is an Indigenous woman with a disability who helps business owners talk about and implement inclusion strategies in their businesses.
🌱 In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Alison came to realize she was living somebody else’s dream instead of her own. That’s when she decided to pursue what she loved.
- Her priorities: Her health and her son.
- How she managed to knit the safety net while she worked at her full-time, government job.
- The exciting journey of leaping into the unknown.
- How Alison tried out every area in marketing before knowing what she was great at: writing.
- How tempting it can be to think we can’t do something because we think, imagine, or we’ve been told that it can’t be done.
- How these negative thoughts can hold us back from realizing our dreams and true calling.
- How it’s easy to doubt or downplay our natural gifts that come easy to us.
- Alison’s journey to becoming the mother she wanted her child to have.
- Why are sunflowers Alison’s favorite flowers?
- Some reflection questions to think about: 1) How are you in your own way? 2) Is there a story that got passed down to you that tells you that things have to be hard? That if it comes easy it wasn't earned?
🌱 Seeds planted in this episode:
- Check out Alison’s new book, “Chronic Profit: Building My Business While Managing Persistent Pain”: https://www.amazon.com/Chronic-Profit-Building-Business-Persistent/dp/1770403329.
- Her website http://www.alisontedford.com
- Connect with Alison @alisontedford on Instagram and Facebook, or Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/alliespins
Ready to let me help YOU outgrow the grind? Find me here:
- Visit the Outgrow the Grind Website: https://www.outgrowthegrind.co/
- Visit my website: https://www.stacyrayekellogg.com/
- Follow Outgrow the Grind on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/outgrowthegrind/
- Feeling ungrounded and overwhelmed? Get centered and calm by scooping up my Free Grounding Guide with 10 easy grounding exercises that you can do in 5 minutes or less.
- Looking for a community to learn about, practice, and celebrate your boundaries? Join my Free Women's Facebook Group. All women are welcome!
Are you resonating with what you're hearing on Outgrow the Grind? If yes, make sure you follow and leave a five-star review at Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to your podcasts!