In today’s episode of Outgrow the Grind, we’re joined by Tiara Abu, who knows all about planting and growing a life that feels good on the inside, not just from the outside looking in.
Tiara Abu is an educator, coach and entrepreneur. She is the proud Founder and CEO of Lead With People, LLC, a coaching company and her new start up venture, She Can Work, LLC. Tiara is on a mission to end financial inequities for women by educating and empowering women to meet their financial goals through legacy focused wealth building and management.
🌱 In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Where Tiara was when she realized she had more control over her life than she had thought.
- Why she felt she needed to be the perfect wife, the perfect mom, the perfect worker, and the perfect woman.
- All of the nicknames and identities that Tiara received from pleasing, achieving, and perfectionism.
- How, thanks to therapy, she learned that she was doing herself harm by setting expectations so high and being hard on herself.
- Why putting herself first is still a journey for Tiara (and sooooo many of us!).
- The importance of saying no and setting boundaries, even if it might upset others.
- How praise can be both fueling and debilitating.
- The difference between balance and harmony.
- What role eggo waffles played in Tiara’s outgrowing the grind.
- Tiara’s advice on clearing space, setting boundaries, and being more present for what matters most.
- How Simone Biles and Naomi Osaki are redefining the meaning of strength by deciding to put their mental health and wellbeing first.
- A few reflections for this episode: 1) What are those identities you’ve taken on that cost you more than they add to your life? 2) How would you rather show up?
🌱 Seeds planted in this episode:
- To find out more about Tiara, head on over to https://www.theaffinityblog.com//she-can-work. You can also find her on Instagram here: @shecanwork
Ready to let me help YOU outgrow the grind? Find me here:
Schedule a 30-minute sample coaching session with me here: https://calendly.com/compassrosecoach/30-min-coaching-sample-session/
Join my Outgrow the Grind mailing list: https://www.outgrowthegrind.co/
Visit my website: https://www.stacyrayekellogg.com/
Follow Outgrow the Grind or DM me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/outgrowthegrind/
Looking for a community to learn about, practice, and celebrate your boundaries? Join my Free Women's Facebook Group. All women are welcome!
Are you resonating with what you're hearing on Outgrow the Grind? If yes, make sure you follow and leave a five-star review at Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to your podcasts!