In this episode of Outgrow the Grind, we are joined by Intuitive Eating and Body Image Coaches Bridget Shannon and Dana Barron. While many of our episodes focus on the daily grind of work, a lot of us have also been impacted by the grind of diet culture. Join Dana, Bridget, and me as we talk about what the diet culture grind is and how they outgrew it.
Bridget and Dana are the creators of Wellness Lately and are on a mission to reclaim wellness from diet culture. Their work is rooted in body liberation and food freedom, helping women all over the world escape the painful, diet-binge cycle and embrace true well-being.
🌱 In this episode, you’ll learn:
- More about Dana and Bridget’s grind of “waiting on the weight” before living the lives that they’ve dreamt of and the personal cost of the diet culture grind.
- The way that black and white thinking, perfectionism, rigidity, cultural conditioning, and the wellness world keeps that diet culture grind in motion.
- Why you can’t “hate your way into a body you love”.
- How it felt for Bridget and Dana to outgrow their diet culture grind.
- What deeply held beliefs they had to say no to, and which new ones they learned to say yes to.
- Dana and Bridget’s advice to help you build a healthier relationship with your body and your food.
- Reflection question for this episode: What are you waiting on to change or happen before you can live the life of your dreams?
🌱 Seeds planted in this episode:
- To find out more on Wellness Lately, visit https://www.wellnesslately.com, you can also find them on Instagram @wellness_lately, and facebook at www.facebook.com/wellnesslately
Ready to let me help YOU outgrow the grind? Find me here:
Schedule a 30-minute sample coaching session with me here: https://calendly.com/compassrosecoach/30-min-coaching-sample-session/
Join my Outgrow the Grind mailing list: https://www.outgrowthegrind.co/
Visit my website: https://www.stacyrayekellogg.com/
Follow Outgrow the Grind or DM me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/outgrowthegrind/
Looking for a community to learn about, practice, and celebrate your boundaries? Join my Free Women's Facebook Group. All women are welcome!
Are you resonating with what you're hearing on Outgrow the Grind? If yes, make sure you follow and leave a five-star review at Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to your podcasts!