Welcome to the fifth episode of our second season! Today we have a very inspiring guest joining us, Sarah Giffrow. Sarah shares how she turned a bad situation into a great one, and how getting laid off from her job motivated her to do what she loves most!
Sarah’s path was set in the days of the old Internet, after she built her very first webpage in 1995. She was raised in a tech-savvy household and went on to earn her degree in Multimedia Design.
🌱 In this episode, you’ll learn:
- All about Sarah’s journey. How she worked in the website industry for nearly a decade and felt completely disconnected from both the work and the people being served. One day she got laid off and the outcome couldn't have been any better… It gave her the chance to build her own business!
- Sarah’s experience of getting laid off and being completely thrilled. The first thing she thought to herself was “Sweet, I can do something else now!”
- How a “one-year-long job” turned into a “three-to-five year-long job”.
- How Sarah’s business came about thanks to her side-hustle in photography.
- The learning process she went through and how being open led to opportunities.
- The importance of self-talk and self-motivation!
- How leadership helps us create the change we want to see in the world.
- Some reflective questions to think about: 1) Where and how can I be more open? 2) In an area of your life that’s feeling challenging right now - what do you need?
🌱 Seeds planted in this episode:
- For more information on Sarah’s company, visit www.upsweptcreative.com
- You can also follow her on Instagram @upsweptcreative, or Facebook at www.facebook.com/UpsweptCreative
Ready to let me help YOU outgrow the grind? Find me here:
- Visit my website: https://www.stacyrayekellogg.com/
- Follow Outgrow the Grind or DM me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/outgrowthegrind/
- Feeling ungrounded and overwhelmed? Get centered and calm by scooping up my Free Grounding Guide with 10 easy grounding exercises that you can do in 5 minutes or less.
- Looking for a community to learn about, practice, and celebrate your boundaries? Join my Free Women's Facebook Group. All women are welcome!
Are you resonating with what you're hearing on Outgrow the Grind? If yes, make sure you follow and leave a five-star review at Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to your podcasts!