In this episode, you’ll get to be a fly on the wall for a coaching session with a volunteer client, Kate. Our session digs into the topic of self-love, what’s enough vs. extra, how to slow down your mind and body, and what permission to rest looks like.
🌱 In this episode, you’ll learn:
- A beautiful poem by Benedictine monk, author, and lecturer Brother David Steindl-Rast
- Kate’s realization about enough vs. extra
- The confidence that Kate has built by focusing less on external validation and more on her internal experience
- How years and years of being a “Doer” has made it hard for Kate to relax
- How to slow down and access calm within your body
- “Perfect” relaxation vs. good enough relaxation
- About identifying the ingredients of what you want and how to dial that up and down depending on what situation you’re in
- What Kate’s cats remind her of when it comes to receiving and rest
- An exercise that helps Kate get back into her body and relax
- What Kate agreed to try in the next week after coaching
- More about my permission-filled last weekend and what I realized from it
- What “Permission Palooza” is and how you can join us in a fun experiment that helps you and a community of women grant yourselves permission to honor your needs and wants.
🌱 Seeds planted in this episode:
- Do you find it challenging to give yourself permission? Join a free, 5-day experiment (Permission Palooza!) for women who are tired of waiting for someone else’s permission. It’s happening October 10th-14th, and you can join us here.
- Download a free grounding guide with 10 exercises to ground and calm you in less than five minutes, including the 5-4-3-2-1 senses exercise that Kate mentions in our coaching session.
- If you’ve been wanting to tend to your own needs and dreams in a small circle of women, check out my Outgrow the Grind women’s circle! All the juicy details here: https://bit.ly/tradethegrindforgrowth
- Could you benefit from a free [and anonymous, if you wish!] coaching session to be featured on this podcast? DM me on Instagram.
Are you resonating with what you're hearing on Outgrow the Grind? I’d love it if you’d share the podcast! And, if you’re feeling extra generous, leave us a five-star review wherever you listen to your podcasts. Let’s grow together!
aph text here.