Have you ever felt like you’re not good enough? Like you keep pushing yourself and aren’t getting the results you want? You are not alone, my friend. Here to talk about the pressure of being a perfectionist is Melanie Maxwell.
Melanie is a mom of 2 little girls, a wife, and a confidence coach. She started as a holistic nutritionist, but as she learned more about the deeper reasons that women struggle with food and their bodies, she became obsessed with understanding the many ways society tricks women (and really anyone who isn’t a straight white man) into thinking that they aren’t good enough.
🌱 In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The moment when Melanie started to feel this pressure to be a perfectionist, and how she found her worth by doing things perfectly.
- The impact her body image had on her as a teenager and young adult.
- The impostor syndrome she felt at University, even though she was an A-student.
- Why she reached her breaking point when she became a mom.
- Melanie’s realization that her daughters notice what she’s doing and how she’s treating herself.
- Why proving that you’re “perfect” to others doesn’t prove anything to yourself.
- How Melanie learned to stop proving anything as well as how to love herself, imperfections and all.
- How Melanie encourages her clients about the importance of rest, self care, and self honoring.
- Some reflection questions to think about after this episode: 1. Are there words you never want to be described as? 2. What have you made those words mean? 3. What might open up for you if you could be those words?
🌱 Seeds planted in this episode:
- To learn more about Melanie and her work, visit www.becomingvibrantpodcast.com. You can also find her on Instagram @coachmelaniemaxwell.
Ready to let me help YOU outgrow the grind? Find me here:
- Schedule a 30-minute sample coaching session with me here: https://calendly.com/compassrosecoach/30-min-coaching-sample-session/
- Visit my website: https://www.stacyrayekellogg.com/
- Follow Outgrow the Grind or DM me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/outgrowthegrind/
- Looking for a community to learn about, practice, and celebrate your boundaries? Join my Free Women's Facebook Group. All women are welcome!
Are you resonating with what you're hearing on Outgrow the Grind? If yes, make sure you follow and leave a five-star review at Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to your podcasts!