"Hard work is in my genes." Those roots are very deep underneath me. Growing up, my focus was to tend to other people's needs instead of my own and I received validation and acknowledgment for playing that role. As I work to outgrow the grind of old habits and self-imposed expectations, I realize that from roots to seed, to growing, to blooming - this journey is a life-long one. I hope this story is helpful to you wherever you are on your own unique journey of growth.
🌱 Seeds planted in this episode:
- Miss Rumphius by Barbara Cooney - This was my favorite book as a kid. The story is about one woman’s journey to follow her grandfather’s advice. Find the book here on Indiebound.
- The lupine flower (which happens to be the supporting actress in Miss Rumphius) is bright, tall, and thrives in cool, moist locations. They are gorgeous and bloom in bold colors. They are both annuals and perennials.
Ready to let me help YOU outgrow the grind? Find me here:
- Visit my website: https://www.stacyrayekellogg.com/
- Follow Outgrow the Grind on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/outgrowthegrind/
- Feeling ungrounded and overwhelmed? Get centered and calm by scooping up my Free Grounding Guide with 10 easy grounding exercises that you can do in 5 minutes or less.
- Looking for a community to learn about, practice, and celebrate your boundaries? Join my Free Women's Facebook Group. All women are welcome!