In this episode, I get real about how easy it is to distract yourself with caring and achieving to avoid feeling how you really feel.
🌱 In this episode, you’ll learn:
- An inspiring quote about feelings by Augusten Borroughs.
- How [although it’s so very tempting] avoiding our emotions doesn’t really work.
- Why our feelings can’t shift when we’re pouring our energy into other people or into achieving.
- The real truth about how I was feeling when I recorded this episode.
- Why it would be totally normal to be feeling heartbroken right now.
- About my upcoming break between Seasons 5 and 6.
- I’d love to answer your questions about outgrowing the grind in Season 6 - send your questions for me or any of my previous guests in a DM on Instagram.
🌱 Seeds planted in this episode:
- Download a worksheet to help you explore your emotions here: https://bit.ly/otgexploreyouremotions.
- Schedule a 30-minute sample coaching session with me here: https://bit.ly/samplecoachingsesh.
- Hear Amandine and I share more about our own experiences with overworking in order to avoid our feelings in an episode in Season 2,“Planting Seeds of Self-Compassion.”
Are you resonating with what you're hearing on Outgrow the Grind? If yes, make sure you follow and leave a five-star review at Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to your podcasts!