In today’s episode, Laquel Chester Wright joins us for a great conversation on how she managed to outgrow the Silicon Valley grind after fifteen years.
Laquel is a nerdy, tech-loving black woman from the Bay who has embraced her calling to be an entrepreneur. Her passion is helping women reignite their confidence and regain their freedom by breaking away from the 9-to-5 and living life on their terms.
🌱 In this episode, you’ll learn:
- All about Laquel’s journey leaving marketing and tech jobs in Silicon Valley to follow her true calling.
- How navigating both the pandemic and her mom’s breast cancer diagnosis last year pushed Laquel to trust her instincts, make some major changes, and do what she loves.
- Laquel’s advice if you find yourself in the grind.
- How easy it is for high-achieving women to feel guilty when we want to take a break (and how tempting it is to hide out in the doing)!
- The importance of setting boundaries and taking baby steps along your journey of outgrowing the grind.
🌱 Seeds planted in this episode:
- Download your (fillable!) values worksheet and discover what matters most to you here: https://bit.ly/otgvalues
- To learn more about Laquel, visit her website www.viragoadvisors.com/free-af-academy. You can also find her on Instagram or Facebook @viragoadvisors, and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/laquelwright/.
- Listen to Outgrow the Grind Season 1, Episode 4 (Validating Your Values From Within) here: https://www.outgrowthegrind.co/blog/validating-your-values
Ready to let me help YOU outgrow the grind? Find me here:
- Schedule a 30-minute sample coaching session with me here: https://calendly.com/compassrosecoach/30-min-coaching-sample-session/
- Follow Outgrow the Grind or DM me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/outgrowthegrind/
- Looking for a community to learn about, practice, and celebrate your boundaries? Join my Free Women's Facebook Group. All women are welcome!
Are you resonating with what you're hearing on Outgrow the Grind? If yes, make sure you follow and leave a five-star review at Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to your podcasts!